Drylining, Plastering & MF/Gypliner Ceilings
Spectrum is a unique residential development in the heart of Manchester City centre. Each of its 225 studios and one and two bedroom apartments are housed in four blocks and finished to the highest specification.
- In a competitive market, one of Dandara’s key points of difference is the quality of its internal finishes, with plastering being specified above and beyond British Standards, thus requiring a sub-contractor with the necessary expertise.
- While the location of the new accommodation was ideal for city centre living, lack of space and access was an issue during construction.
- The timescales on the project were demanding, requiring on-site finishes to be completed on all 225 units in a 36-week timeframe.
- Once appointed by Dandara following a competitive tender, Mansell Finishes recommended that the Gypliner Ceiling specification be changed to MF Ceilings in order to achieve a better finish.
- A variety of other materials were installed by Mansell Finishes including Gypwall Quiet twin wall, Fireline, Isowool insulation, Shaftwell, Gypframe studs, Thermal Board Plus and Soundbloc.
- Due to the lack of access and small footprint on-site, Mansell Finishes used 10 tonne wagons to ensure all materials could be delivered to the city centre location.
- As a highly experienced sub-contractor with a recognised Quality Management System in place, Mansell Finishes was able to achieve the 1mm plastering tolerance specified, compared to 3mm as per the British Standard, resulting in top quality finishing across all accommodation units.
- Experience gained from working on similar tower projects in city centre locations meant that Mansell Finishes was able to bring its logistics expertise to bear on this project resulting in the works being completed on time.
- The high specification of the Spectrum development has been recognised, with the project achieving Best Apartment at the M.E.N Property Awards and Best Starter Home at the What House? Awards.
“Dandara always insist on the best possible finishes on their projects so required a sub-contractor with considerable experience and expertise. We had to deliver with precision so were meticulous in our approach and achieved the quality of finishing that was specified. Our years of experience working on similar residential projects proved valuable as we were able to bring all our expertise to the table to ensure a successful conclusion to a challenging project.”
Dean Johnston, managing director, Mansell Finishes.